[Qgis-user] Strange behaviour importing data from postgis

Igor Sosa Mayor joseleopoldo1792 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 02:01:16 PST 2015

Bo Victor Thomsen
<bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com> writes:

> It might be a point/multipoint issue. If your Postgis table contains
> both point and multipoint entries, QGIS will represent the table as
> _two_ tables in the "Add Postgis Layers" dialogue. One table with the
> "point" type and another table with the same name, but with the
> "multipoint" type. The reason for this behaviour it that a QGIS layer
> can only contain _one_ specific type of object. And point and
> multipoint object are different types. Line/Multiline and
> Polygon/Multipolygon has the same issues.

you're right in the case of an other table where I find: ST_MultiPolygon
(5) and ST_Polygon (4227). (I can also see 2 tables in the dialog,... is
the a standard solution for this?)

But: in the table with points asking for the ST_GeometryType only
returns ST_Points...

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792 at gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::