[Qgis-user] Strange behaviour importing data from postgis

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 05:14:27 PST 2015

Igor -

Yes, the splitting of a table in several parts in QGIS , each containing
only one type of geometry objects is standard behaviour.

A workaround is to change all your "single"-point/line/polygons  to
multi-point/line/polygons with an update command in the postgis table. I
suspect there is a slight performance degradation using this method, but
all your rows in the table will be represented in a single layer in QGIS.

Regarding your point table:

  * Does all your records in the point table actually have point object,
    i.e.none of the records contains NULL in the geometry column ?
  * Is your primary key for the table an integer value ? (QGIS needs a
    integer unique key for the table. The simplest method to ascertain
    this is to have an integer primary key for the table.)

Regards
Bo Victor