[Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] Better tags for plugins

Frank M. Howell frankmhowell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 07:18:44 PST 2015

My two cents...I understand the validation requirements. But I think the fundamental problem is those plugin authors who submit a plugin for X and then describe it thusly: "This is a plugin for X" where X is the same name as the plugin. The problem is that this one word or very brief phrase isn't very clear. X may be called Y in another field. There may be several methods to do X (or Y) so the user doesn't really know what's being computed and how. X may do something in one field but may also be an undiscovered solution to a problem in another field so just saying "This is a plugin for X" just doesn't say much useful stuff.

Even a minimum word (readable) requirement for a plugin description would help!

Frank