[Qgis-user] Coordinate Display

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Jan 9 22:47:26 PST 2015

Am 10.01.2015 um 00:07 schrieb Willem Buitendyk:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for the response but I think I’m not explaining myself
> clearly.  I have a map that I want to keep in the BC Albers (meters)
> projection but I also want to have the coordinate display show in
> decimal degrees.  It seems with QGIS I currently cannot have it both
> ways.

Yes, you can:

<http://code.activestate.com/recipes/578692-qgis-startup-script-change-display-of-coordinates/>

Rename it to startup.py and save it to C:/users/username/.qgis2/python
(not .qgis as mentioned in the text).

I got that working, but you will get nasty errors if you leave QGIS
while the CRS is set to some local system.

Deleting the \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QGIS\QGIS2\CoordsConf entry in
the registry solved the problem. I'm not sure how to clear that for
other OS.

HTH,
André Joost