[Qgis-user] Slope and aspect via Python

nagyrobi_r nagyrobi_r at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 08:57:33 PST 2015

Hey! im using Qgis 2.8, on a windows 64 bit platform. i have about 150 DEMs
to process, and i need to calculate the slopes and curvatures for all of
them. Because of the huge volume of work i need to make this automatic
(Batch processing is out of the question, cause i need to fill in the
filenames and there is lots of room for error). I would like to program it
in python, because i am familiar with that programming language.
 I cannot make the "r.slope.aspect"  work at all. I have
tried:processing.runalg("r.slope.aspect"....) i get a bunch of empty images.
I have also tried grass.run_command('r.slope.aspect',....) with no succes.
also tried processing.runalg("saga:slopeaspectcurvature"....) data comes out
in a wrong range

Can anybody send me a detailed description of how to succesfully make one of
theese work? I mean filled out with your own data. And it would be good if
you could test it to make sure it works! Please dont send me to a website
cause i've probably checked it out!

Please help me! Its Master Thesis work, and it is setting me back a lot of
time!

Best,
Nagy Robert