[Qgis-user] Fwd: QGIS crash on loading projects

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:05:27 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Nicolas Cadieux <
nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Personally this is what I would do.
>
> Completely purges Qgis from your system.  (Delete plugin directories, AND
> the Qgis registry keys.) Reboot.
>
> I would install Qgis 2.6.1 using the OSGEO install.

I followed these steps. My install was already done via osge064w and
uninstalling was a little tricky.
I removed the directories and the registry entries.

I then reinstalled QGIS via the express installer.

QGIS wouldn't start giving an error about jvm.dll missing from my computer.

I manually selected the java install via the advanced option, jvm is
installed and in a subfolder in C:\osgeo4w64

I suspect it's a path problem, working on this.

I would make sure that all mapped drive are properly remapped with the