[Qgis-user] multiple labels for polygon bug

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:34:35 PST 2015

I'm sorry Michael,

But what you describe does not sound like a bug, but instead a
misunderstanding about the tools.

What you describe sound like you have used the filed calculator and updated
some field with it.

Using Expressions on labels does not mess with the columns values at all.

Take a look into the example given in the QGIS manual (search for Define
labels based on expressions) it does what you need:

*http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html#labels-menu
<http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html#labels-menu>*

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto