[Qgis-user] MacOS installation: GSL?

Lars Huttar huttarl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:18:45 PST 2015

Hi,
I looked at the installation notes for Mac OS X at
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html, where it says
"This version requires separate installation of dependency frameworks
(GDAL Complete and GSL) , also found at the download link below."
The link below is http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis
But on that page, I find no mention of GSL, only GDAL. (I figured out
that GSL refers to the GNU Scientific Library, FWIW.)

One other requirement is listed on the kyngchaos.com web site (and not
on the QGIS.org download page): the MatPlotLib python module.

So I'm confused ... do I really need to install GSL separately, and if
so, where can I find an installer for Mac OS X?
And is the kyngchaos.com web page in error, or is the GQIS.org download
page out of date?

The previous version of QGIS that I have installed, v2.4, seems to have
GSL inside it:
/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/Frameworks/GSL.framework

Thanks,
Lars