[Qgis-user] Raster calculator output layer is smaller than expected

GOODFELLOW A. adam.goodfellow at durham.ac.uk
Sun Jul 5 02:03:58 PDT 2015

Hi all.
I'm using QGIS 2.6 on a Mac 10.7.5 system. I'm attempting to create a cost surface from several raster layers. The raster layers themselves have been created from a transect across a series of vector shapefiles of a larger geographical extent.

I used Raster Calculator to add the different layers. The output appeared to successfully combine all the layers, but covered only about 1/20 of the transect area I need.

I tried the process again, manually checking the Min/Max values for X and Y, and got the same result.

Because not all the features in the shapefiles are distributed evenly within the transect I've clipped and rasterised, the resulting rasters are approximately, but not exactly the same size. The pixel resolutions of the raster layers are also different - most are 3000x30000, one is 5000x50000, and one is 8000x80000. I'm not sure if either of these would cause the issue, as the output isn't distorted, it's just smaller than I require.

Many thanks for any assistance.
Adam