[Qgis-user] QGIS instalation and uninstallation issues

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Jul 16 09:34:00 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 06:24:51PM +0200, Mats Elfström wrote:
> I am sorry Sandro, but that kind of remark does not further our common
> cause; to make qgis useful for all.

My personal cause is to make QGIS useful for me.
I'm very selfish.

It's very useful for me that QGIS is open source as many people can
help me making QGIS more useful for me.

It's very useful for me to NOT ruin others workflow as they might stop
investing time or money in QGIS, so I'm surely not intentionally working
to break any use of QGIS on non-free systems.

It is not useful for me to make QGIS work nicely on a system I
personally don't use. Unless it was a paid service, which I currently
don't offer.

Granted, it might be useful for me if QGIS had more users, in case
those users will become funders of QGIS enhancements. But users of
proprietary systems are often not even willing to pay for their
systems, let alone pay for systems that are offered them for free...

So I, as a developer, choosed not to work on making QGIS play nicely
on windows. Thanks to the free software nature of the software, others
developers have other approaches on the matter and do care more about
(or do offer support for) running QGIS on those defective by design
systems, but I finds it perfectly understandable if it's not so much
supported as it is on free systems (by the mere fact that more free
developers use free systems and more oculated investors invest in free
systems...).

--strk;