[Qgis-user] QGIS instalation and uninstallation issues

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 09:48:38 PDT 2015

Ahhh nice - a flamewar .. I am in :)

Right yesterday there was a nice article about exactly THAT problem -
unfortunately it is in German - but probably google translate helps:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Open-Source-Rawkonverter-Darktabl
e-Windows-Version-scheitert-an-mangelnder-Initiative-2750592.html

I fully agree with them.
I think we all would like to have the superperfect application running
everywhere. But like Sandro already said - it seems that windows users
tend to have a high demand while doing nothing.

Just one sentence as a quote out of that article:
"They (the developers) complain that many Windows users have
misunderstood the open source idea fundamentally ."

Don't get me wrong - I DO like to have QGIS running everywhere
smoothly (and in fact it already IS) but I also use Linux and don't
want to bother around with Windows so .. people using windows should
actually try make the update on windows "smoother" (isnt it already
nice with OSGEO4W?) but - and there I also agree with Sandro - without
breaking the functionality on Linux and Mac ..

kind regards
Werner