[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.10 with / without GRASS 6.4.3

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 12:05:38 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Chris Buckmaster
<chris.buckmaster at runnymede.gov.uk> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have installed the new version of QGIS but notice it now comes with two
> different desktop applications; one with and one without GRASS 6.4.3.
>
> Is there any reason for this and should I be using each of them depending on
> what I am wanting to carry out? Just a bit confused with which one to use.

Which platform, which package? If it is from OSGeo4W, there are two
batch files (the QGIS application is the same) which start QGIS either
with GRASS 6 or GRASS 7 (you have to manually select GRASS 7 package
in OSGeo4W setup if you want to use QGIS with GRASS 7 provider).

Radim