[Qgis-user] Virtual layers

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Thu Jul 30 00:50:11 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I've been working on a (C++) plugin that allows to craft SQL queries
(with spatial support) on any vector layer(s) that QGIS is able to load.
This has been already discussed on the dev list.

The effort of integration into the core is going on, but in the
meantime, if you have the opportunity to test the current plugin, that
would help.

Some detailed explanation can be found on the main page of the code
repository :

https://github.com/mhugo/qgis_vlayers

Because it is C++-based, the installation is not automatic and it
requires some binary files to be installed. I've prepared binaries for
Windows, both 32 and 64 bits for QGIS 2.8 and 2.10 that you can find here :

https://github.com/mhugo/qgis_vlayers_bin

Don't hesitate to give me feedback.

Hugo