[Qgis-user] RE wfs usage for "big data"

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Mon Jun 1 07:18:50 PDT 2015

That is a lot of features to retrieve and render.......and lead to problem
with any tool (browser, qgis or other gis)
Do you know the datasource format? (shp, postgis, .....)
Do you know what is the WFS server?

getfeature request with a filter to query 7 milions features could work
well, but retrieving all or many data and rendering them is probably to
much, not only for qgis

What is the need for a WFS? That could help to propose a better solution?

Michael Werner Maur <michael.maur at vermkv.rlp.de>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
2015-06-01 09:31
Veuillez répondre à
Michael Werner Maur <michael.maur at vermkv.rlp.de>

qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
cc

Objet
[Qgis-user] wfs usage for "big data"

Hello,

we try to connect a wfs in QGIS 2.8 in Ubuntu an as alternativ  in QGIS
2.4 in
SUSE.
The wfs has at least 7 million objects and we want to load and cache them
in
QGIS.

When we check that, QGIS just loads the first delivered object or it says,
that
the process crashes.

Is there any chance to use such big data volumes via wfs ?

Best Regards

Michael Maur