[Qgis-user] Help reusing QGIS action

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Jun 1 16:06:34 PDT 2015

Hi,
I can create an action on a biodatabase: the site data is shown on the map, and an action created that will retrieve and dispaly a sorted list of the species identified at that site. This works well, as a bash script for Linux or a batch file for Windows.
What I'd like to be able to do is save an action, much like a style, to be applied to multiple layers.
The use case is: open a layer filtered to show species a, then other layers for species b & c. I then want to see the full list of species caught from individual stations, by clicking on the map. Currently I need to create the action separately for each species - when I have hundreds of species, this gets very cumbersome - so storing & re-using the action would be useful, just as I can reuse a style for each species layer with catch size based symbology.
Is there a way to do this now that I don't know? Do I need to file a ticket for this?
Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks
Brent Wood