[Qgis-user] different QGIS behavior between windows and lubuntu

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Tue Jun 2 17:56:43 PDT 2015

On Sun, 31 May 2015 14:23:13 +0200, Giacomo Fontanelli
<giacomofontanelli76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear folks
> Fernando was right.
>
> as I lounch   LC_ALL=C  qgis
> I find a correct result.
>

> Now I have to find the way to set point as decimal separator on my OS
> set with Italian settings.

  Sorry for the long delay.

  There are a number of options, I think that the worse of all is block
the i18n (internationalization) and l10n (localization) in your
computer.

  You can just for qgis alter the driver script (/usr/bin/qgis in my
machine) and inser a line :

export LC_ALL=C

But this would cripple your qgis for Italian language.

  I would suggest you to try first to call qgis as:

  LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8  qgis

  If it results, you can change the drive script inserting a line:

export LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8

in some place at the start of the script.

  If you use a launcher somewhere, for example an icon in desktop or on
a panel, you can customise it changing the the launch command, as
above, to:

bash -c "LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8 /usr/bin/qgis %F"

  Hope this helps.