[Qgis-user] different QGIS behavior between windows and lubuntu

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Tue Jun 2 18:05:40 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:49:46 -0300, George Silva
<georger.silva at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just tested on 2.8.2.
>
> Still wrong results.

  George,

  What exactly is your platform?  What distribution and version.

  How did you install qgis in your machine?  Just downloaded and
installed  the install package from qgis.org?

  What is the response of gdalinfo command for this raster layer?

  Did you try to start qgis with the command:

  LC_ALL=C  qgis

This environment variable (LC_ALL) is case sensitive.

> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 7:26 PM, George Silva
> <georger.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Did the calculations come out correct?
> >
> > I'll definitely try this, but I'm on 2.6 yet.
> >
> > On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Fernando M. Roxo da Motta
> > <petro at roxo.org
> > > wrote:

> >>   Sorry to answer myself.   I just found a raster layer that
> >> gdalinfo reports :
> >>
> >>   Band 1 Block=256x4 Type=Float64, ColorInterp=Gray
> >>
> >>   Tried the raster calculator.  It did not accept the comma as
> >> decimal separator and worked flawlessly using dot as the
> >> separator.  I didn't changed the locales:
> >>
> >> $ locale
> >> LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LANGUAGE=pt_BR:en
> >> LC_CTYPE="pt_BR.UTF-8"
> >> LC_NUMERIC=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_TIME=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_COLLATE="pt_BR.UTF-8"
> >> LC_MONETARY=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR.UTF-8"
> >> LC_PAPER=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_NAME=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_ADDRESS=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_TELEPHONE=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_MEASUREMENT=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_IDENTIFICATION=pt_BR.UTF-8
> >> LC_ALL=
> >>
> >>   I am using qgis 2.8.2 from the qgis-stable(?) repository:
> >>
> >> deb http://qgis.org/debian trusty main
> >>

> >>   Best regards.
> >>

> >>   Roxo
> >>
> >> --
> >> ---------------- Non luctari, ludare -------------------+ WYSIWYG
> >> Fernando M. Roxo da Motta <petro at roxo.org>              | Editor?
> >> Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.|  VI !!
> >>       ( Usuário Linux registrado #39505 )               | I see
> >> text, ------------ Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?-------------+ I
> >> get text!

> > --
> > George R. C. Silva