[Qgis-user] QGIS on Android

Chuck Young wylie1066 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 09:30:23 PDT 2015

I have 2.8 on my android and have copied over several data sets in ESRI
format to load as vector layers.  (.shp, .shx, .prj, .dbf, etc. )  They are
the same sets I load in QGIS on my laptop and include all of the files used
to load there.

When I try to load a vector layer using these same files on the tablet, it
finds and lists all of them as normal,   I select the .shp file and Open.
It all goes the same as in the regular version of QGIS until I click the
final button to load the layer. Then all I get is a red band that says the
file is not a valid source file. then after a couple of seconds it goes
away.  Nothing ever loads into the layer list or the main window.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Chuck