[Qgis-user] QGIS and ArcGIS Pro

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Sat Jun 6 06:57:59 PDT 2015

I think it would be easier to argue (and I haven't used it....yet)
ArcGISPro is a throw back to the Arcview 3.x series. Multiple layouts in
one session, promoted as "GIS for managers", etc.

There are some similarities between Pro and QGIS - I think QGIS is more
comparable to ArcDesktop. With development ending on Desktop (yeah I
said it) I think QGIS is poised to pick up the unhappy market of people
who don't want a desktop application tied to an online application
(arcgisonline). Desktop GIS still has a place in the world. I think QGIS
could in theory start to make a bigger impact than it has been. Of
course you have the entire ESRI ecosystem of software to deal with...but
that's another story.

Randy

On 06/06/2015 07:16 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> They are both GIS ;-) One costs tons of money, the other one is free.
>
> What exactly are you asking? What do you want to know?
>
> Andreas
>
> On 05.06.2015 18:19, Chrest, David wrote:
>>
>> Anybody happen to notice any similarities between QGIS and ArcGIS Pro?
>>
>> David

Randal Hale
North River Geographic Systems, Inc
http://www.northrivergeographic.com