[Qgis-user] Question on PostGIS Table and QGIS

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Sun Jun 7 07:50:31 PDT 2015

I'm breaking new ground and I'm pretty sure this might be a mistake on
my end. I just need to understand why.

I've set up a PostGIS database. I'm importing data through DB manager
into my schema.

I imported some parcel records and discovered that I had multipolygons.
So I decided to break them up into single polygons through the psql
interface:
create table trgtgis.parcels as select *, (st_dump(geom)).geom as
the_geom from trgtgis.boundary;

When I go back to QGIS I have two tables called parcels (only one listed
if I look through postgresql). One table is what I suspect to see with
column called the_geom, data Type as Geometry, Spatial type of Polygon,
SRID of 26916. The second parcel table is greyed out and doesn't have a
spatial type or a SRID. Neither lists a primary key (I need to go back
and add one) but I don't think this is the problem...I think.

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8WLtz606XDdcFIxaG5fNExpMlU/view?usp=sharing

Suggestions?

Randy