[Qgis-user] Converting an OSM XML file to a SpatiaLite DB file

Lucas Bernard Grigri lgrigri at uvm.edu
Wed Jun 10 11:22:13 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am using open street map, and downloaded the OpenStreetMap data
(with From Map Canvas as the Extent), to create an OSM XML file. I
then tried to convert this XML file to a SpatiaLite DB file by going
VECTOR-> OPENSTREETMAP-> IMPORT TOPOLOGY FROM XML. However, when I do
this I get an error which reads:

                FAILED TO IMPORT OSM DATA:
                XML ERROR: PREMATURE END OF DOCUMENT

Please let me know if you have experienced this same problem and how
to go about fixing it.

Thanks
Lucas