[Qgis-user] Local Government for QGIS

James Keener jim at jimkeener.com
Thu Jun 11 14:13:14 PDT 2015

I'm actually in the process of starting a company that sells GIS services
and consulting to municipalities.  I'm basing it on CartoDB for a web front
end, and then, unless they beg to use ESRI, QGIS for things like topology
and analysis.

I really do think there is room to break into the market, especially since
many municipalities are still using paper maps or just offload their GIS
needs to their default engineering firm.

I'm defiantly willing to help build software, models, documentation, &c
aimed around open source municipal GIS.

Jim