[Qgis-user] Local Government for QGIS

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jun 15 00:28:57 PDT 2015

Hi Micha,

That is interesting - we invested a lot in the DXF export capabilities
of QGIS. Once this is finished I am pretty sure we will also look to
improve the situation regarding the import.

Do you think import of DXF is enough or do we also need DWG support? If
so, the best bet would probably be the Teigha library from the Open
Design Alliance (https://www.opendesign.com/the_oda_platform/Teigha),
which isn't available for free - but it is the library most other GIS
(eg. ESRI, Intergraph) and CAD (eg. Bentley, Bricscad, etc.) are using.
We would have to pay a membership fee, but it allows us to redistribute
the library with the software. Membership in the consortium is
affordable in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you also be available to help with
a crowd-funding effort? Do you see options besides Teigha?

Andreas