[Qgis-user] How to install the long term updates?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 16 06:57:06 PDT 2015

Hi Thomas,

2.8.2 is the latest release version. There are no automatic updates -
every update is like a new install.

In my organization I have not yet introduced 2.8x. We are still at 2.6.
I am still waiting for 2.8.3, because I need some DXF export
improvements pending. In general, it is a good idea to wait a bit with
the rollout of a new LTS release until at least the first bug fix
release version is out.

However, you should regularly test versions on a non-production
environment so we can fix the bugs ...

Hope this helps,
Andreas