[Qgis-user] Question on Personal Geodatabase with QGIS 2.8.2 32 bit

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Jun 18 06:28:12 PDT 2015

I've had a question and I'm not sure how to answer it. I've dug through
bug reports and other "googling" for an answer.

I've done this and It works - I have 0 problem:
http://www.northrivergeographic.com/qgis-accessing-personal-geodatabase

I received an email from from a gentleman who is running Windows
Professional 64bit, QGIS 2.8.2 32 bit, Microsoft Office 32 bit - and he
can't open Personal Geodatbases even after setting up an ODBC
connection. Everything works up until the he opens it in QGIS - it
doesn't see the Geometry. I'm assuming there is some weird and wild ODBC
driver issue (mixing 32 and 64 bit somewhere). Is there a problem with
QGIS 2.8.2 32 bit and personal geodatabases. I'm guessing the IT
department had him keep everything 32 bit on his workstation. I see past
reports but nothing current.

Thoughts? Angst?

Questions he's asked on GIS Stackexchange:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/151302/connecting-problem-odbc-versus-esri-personal-geodatabase-mdb

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/151126/connect-to-an-esri-personal-geodatabase-mdb

Randy

--