[Qgis-user] Field calculator

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Thu Jun 18 13:41:24 PDT 2015

Hi Nicolas,

I think at the moment there is no way to achieve that without explicitly
stating the layer id or name in the expression itself, since the layer
is not known to the expression. This will probably change soon with the
introduction of the "Expression Context" work by Nyall Dawson.

If it is an option for you to specify the layer name, you can use the
map layer registry to find the layer and then use the dataSourceUri of
the provider of this layer to find the file name.

Regards,
Matthias