[Qgis-user] Missing Oracle connectivity on QGIS Browser

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Jun 26 08:26:20 PDT 2015

Hi Marian,

On Fri, 26. Jun 2015 at 09:55:47 -0400, Tudorache, Marian wrote:
> Do you still follows this thread?
> I have tested the oracle client on my machine and it does work.
> I am able to connect to Oracle from a terminal windows using either isql or sqlplus.

Are you aware there is a oracle provider in QGIS.  You don't have to use the
OGR provider to access oracle (same as with postgres and mssql).

I've never used Oracle via ODBC on Linux.  From qgis I use the native oracle
provider and from the command line GDAL/OGR's OCI driver.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode