[Qgis-user] problem with dxf2shp

Lens Paul paul.lens at gmx.com
Fri Jun 26 09:24:31 PDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

I have not made that kind of conversion for a while now, probably back
to QGIS 1.5.

At that time, dxf2shp didn't keep any 3D information indeed.
- v.in.dxf in GRASS worked well;
- if you have a raster, extracting contours with the QGIS "interpolate"
command was succesfull too (a workaround could then be to create a
raster using your contours lines, and then back to the contour lines
with interpolate).

Hope this helps,

Paul