[Qgis-user] Export maps in high resolution (600 dpi or more) not possible!

Olav Peeters opeeters at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 12:36:46 PST 2015

Philippe,
via the map composer you certainly can export high resolution maps (I
just tried e.g. 1200 dpi to png on OSX 10.10, no problem). Something
interesting for you might also be to export to svg (or pdf/postscript)
to add some finishing details via some graphics application (I found
that Inkscape works better for this approach than e.g. Illustrator, but
then you need to get used to shortcuts in Inkscape being the Windows
way... CTRL instead of CMD, etc.).
But actually, you can get quiet a lot done in Map Composer.
This is maybe still a good tutorial to get you started:
http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/making_a_map.html

I don't have much experience with GeorefExport. On OSX there seem to be
some problems getting it to do the transformation.. probably some path
issue.

Good luck,
Olav