[Qgis-user] Fwd: Visualize Distance matrix

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Tue Mar 10 01:08:13 PDT 2015

Hi Joris,

I dont know about that plugin, but i would write a little script for
that like this:

# get active (point) layer as input
inputlayer = iface.activeLayer()
# create new memory layer for output
outputlayer = QgsVectorLayer("Linestring", "distance_lines", "memory")
outputprovider = outputlayer.dataProvider()
# loop all points
iter = inputlayer.getFeatures()
for feature in iter:
     p1 = feature.geometry().asPoint()
     iter2 = layer.getFeatures()
     for feature2 in iter2:
         p2 = feature2.geometry().asPoint()
         if not p1 == p2:
             # create new line
             l = QgsGeometry.fromPolyline([p1,p2])
             feat = QgsFeature()
             feat.setGeometry(l)
             outputprovider.addFeatures([feat])
outputlayer.commitChanges()
outputlayer.updateExtents()
# add to map
QgsMapLayerRegistry.instance().addMapLayer(outputlayer)

Good luck,

Raymond

On 09-03-15 18:18, Joris Hintjens wrote:
> Thanks Raymond, but what I need is the distance from every point in a layer to every other point. That is what “distance matrix” gives me.
> Then, I want to plot every distance line (as a seperate layer?) on the map.
>
> Joris
>
>> Begin doorgestuurd bericht:
>>
>> Datum: 9 maart 2015 15:53:56 CET
>> Van: Raymond Nijssen <r.nijssen at terglobo.nl>
>> Aan: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
>> Onderwerp: Antw.: [Qgis-user] Visualize Distance matrix
>>
>> Hi Joris,
>>
>> Not sure if I understand your question, but if you want to do a distance calculation for all points in a point layer to a certain location you can use the field calculator in the attribute table window.
>>
>> The expression should be:
>>
>> distance($geometry ,geomFromWKT( 'POINT(0 0)' ))
>>
>> to calculate all distances to coordinate 0,0.
>>
>> Hope this helps you.
>>
>> Raymond
>>

>> On 09-03-15 15:13, Joris Hintjens wrote:
>>> I feel stupid: I am stuck with what seems a basic operation..
>>> I have a points layer, of which I want to visualize the distance matrix.
>>> I can create the martini CSV.
>>> I cannot create a distance hub layer with the MMQGIS plugin with From and To point from within  the same layer.
>>>
>>> Any help on how I ca get this result on my map?
>>>
>>> PoinA——————>PointB
>>> 		xxx Meter
>>>
>>> and this for the entire matrix
>>>

>>> thanks