[Qgis-user] Ubuntu, external monitors, and competing menubars

Thomas Endres endres.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:41:29 PST 2015

Hi Everyone,
Running QGIS 2.12.0, Postgres 9.4.4, and PostGIS 2.1.7 on Ubuntu 14.04 with
16 gig RAM.
Does anyone else have problems with the Ubuntu OS toolbar taking over the
QGIS menubar when on an external monitor?
I have my map on the external monitor with my Layers Panel on the internal.
This behavior is triggered when hovering over an item in the Layers Panel
and the tooltip is displayed - at the same time the tooltip is displayed
the OS drops its menubar over that of QGIS.
When the tooltip is released, the menubar comes back - but after a bit QGIS
seems to get confused and the toolbar remains hidden. Only a restart cures
this behavior.

Is anyone able to replicate?

-tom