[Qgis-user] Editing only the selected feature

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Nov 16 02:33:20 PST 2015

Hi Christian,

marking features as editing finished can IMHO only be realized in the
feature's attributes. Insert a boolean field "editing_finished" in the
layer's attributes. With this I see two workarounds:
1) if you are on a database layer: Have a trigger that prevents the
geometry from being changed if editing_finished = true
2) Should work on all data sources: Load the layer twice: Once with
filter editing_finished = false (this is the layer you work in) and once
with editing_finished = true. If you have finished editing a feature set
its editing_finished attribute to true and save edits. The feature will
be "moved" from the edit layer to the editing_finished layer

Bernhard