[Qgis-user] Editing only the selected feature

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Nov 16 04:20:53 PST 2015

Hi Christian,

a layer is either editable or not editable (reason for splitting up the
datasource in two layers in my second workaround).
For a plugin you could connected some of QgsVectorLayer's signals [1] to
slots that undo changes depending on the selection status of the
feature. However you somehow must store the geometries of the unselected
features as the signals only contain the new geometry/geometries but not
the old one/s before the change (would be worth to enhance this
behaviour IMHO).

Bernhard

[1] http://qgis.org/api/classQgsVectorLayer.html