[Qgis-user] DEM

Nuno de Santos Loureiro nlourei at ualg.pt
Fri Nov 27 11:25:42 PST 2015

Hello every body,

I am trying to improve the quality of a 90 km2 DEM. I have shapefiles
for the 10 meters contour lines and the complete stream network, but
for the streams Z is not available.

Is there available any tool to extract the vertices of the streams
segments, to use Z data where available (interception of streams with
contours) and to interpolate Z for the other vertices, in order to run
a TIN including stream vertices along the thalwegs?

I am trying to reduce the number of flat triangles, to improve the DEM
quality and consequently que quality of slope and aspect maps...

Many thanks for any tip!
Kind regards,

Nuno

Nuno

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Nuno de Santos Loureiro (PhD)
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia - DCTMA - Ed. 8
Universidade do Algarve
Campus de Gambelas
8005-139 FARO   (Portugal)
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-