[Qgis-user] The XML of getcapabilities should not have any ascii code over 128

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Oct 10 07:49:59 PDT 2015

Hi Andrea/Matthias,

XML can clearly host UTF-8 or UTF-16 - the whole character range -
depending on what you use in your text editor and specify in your XML
header.

However, there are some reserved characters, like:

* < (lesser sign)
* > (greater sign)
* " (double quotes)
* & (ampersand)

Did I miss one?

Normally, the XML parser/writer automatically takes care about properly
escaping/unescaping these characters - if not, I would consider this a
bug in QGIS. Not only would the OWS outputs be non-wellformed, but also
QGIS desktop would have a problem with non-wellformed .qgs files.

I never experienced such an issue.

Andrea: can you be more precise with the offending characters and a
small demo project?

Thanks,
Andreas