[Qgis-user] QML reference, symbolize synonyms alike

Schweitzer, Peter pschweitzer at usgs.gov
Fri Oct 16 06:49:32 PDT 2015

With many thanks to Richard McDonnell, his suggestion of using rules
instead of categories solved the problem I had.  The result is
http://mrdata.usgs.gov/geology/state/lithclass.qml with context
provided by http://mrdata.usgs.gov/geology/state/

I'm still a little puzzled by what's required and what is not required
in the QML file; I'm guessing that the solution would be to delve into
the QGIS source code, but it would be nice to have at least a
rudimentary document; I simply used the automatically-generated qml as
an example, then omitted a lot of things, but was pleased at how
simple I could make it and have it still work.

Thanks!

Peter