[Qgis-user] qgis possible malware false positive

CYvilEng cyvileng at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 09:39:25 PDT 2015

I work for a state government in the US. I have been using QGIS since
version 2.0. I recently downloaded and installed 2.10. The folks in IT
informed me that qgis was showing up as possible malware and they wiped my
computer. Now I will begin the battle to get it back. I have seen in some
searches that many versions ago QGIS was showing false positives for
viruses. Is this still a thing that others come across? Does anybody have
any information that can help me convince them this program is safe to
install?

Thanks!
CY