[Qgis-user] WMS display issue and QGIS based standalone application

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Wed Oct 21 14:28:06 PDT 2015

Hi Thomas

> Hi,
>
> I'm working with the Python API to create a standalone app.
> When I reuse this sample from http://kartoza.com/how-to-load-a-qgis-project-in-python/ <http://kartoza.com/how-to-load-a-qgis-project-in-python/>, it works perfectly with only vector layer(s).
> When I use a WMS with a vector layer, it fails directly.
> I've done two samples to demonstrate the issue. You can take samples from https://framadrop.org/r/kkC2MVV9TH#anlncOhrg5vbo5W7D8Lfjg8ghRq7BTo9flJXvnIV+Io= <https://framadrop.org/r/kkC2MVV9TH#anlncOhrg5vbo5W7D8Lfjg8ghRq7BTo9flJXvnIV+Io=>

It seems like that framadrop.org site is broken (FileConstructor is not a constructor (evaluating 'new File(a, data.name, {type: data.type})’)) so I cannot view the example. But you said above that you were trying ‘WMS with a vector layer’ so I am wondering if you have been trying to add a WMS layer as a raster layer rather than a vector layer? If you can just reply with the relevant snippet of code you are trying to use that would help to see what is going on.

Regards

Tim