[Qgis-user] Copy field definitions from one vector layer to another?

Richard Males rbmales at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 20:17:23 PDT 2015

The join works without a common field of any kind, which is what I wanted,
but unfortunately the field names get prefixed with the join layer.   When
I export as shape file from the joined layer, I get field names like
'exported', 'exported_1', etc.   So I don't think the join will work, since
what I want to do is preserve field names, just copying them from one layer
to another.

Maybe some other approach?   I was hoping for an existing plug-in, but have
not found anything in the repository.   Maybe a python script to export
field names from existing layer?  I will explore that approach, although I
am not very familiar with python scripting for QGIS, see if I can get
started.

Thanks.