[Qgis-user] QGIS / GRASS compatibility

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:45:23 PDT 2015

I've been following this for a while, and see on the crowdfunding page QGIS
is reading GRASS layers successfully, but I cant get my QGIS to browse
GRASS vector or raster data (or add it).

I have QGIS 2.12 and GRASS 7.1.

I have purged all qgis* and reinstalled with qgis-provider-grass and
qgis-plugin-grass.

When I browse GRASS locations in QGIS browser, I dont see the directories
converted to GRASS icons like in the demo (
http://www.gissula.eu/qgis-grass-plugin-crowdfunding/progress.html).

I realize there is no plugin to add layers like historically, but using the
browser QGIS doesnt seem to recognize the GRASS location/mapset or layers.
I am sure I am missing something simple?

Here is a startup error I get in the plugin console. I have attempted to
resolve, but I dont understand what the issue is, other than the obvious:
it's looking for libraries that are not on my system.

2015-10-26T16:37:38 1 Failed to load
/usr/lib/qgis/plugins/libgrassplugin6.so (Reason: Cannot load library
/usr/lib/qgis/plugins/libgrassplugin6.so: (libgrass_vect.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory))

2015-10-26T16:37:38 1 Failed to load
/usr/lib/qgis/plugins/libgrassprovider6.so (Reason: Cannot load library
/usr/lib/qgis/plugins/libgrassprovider6.so: (libgrass_vect.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory))

2015-10-26T16:37:38 1 Failed to load
/usr/lib/qgis/plugins/libgrassrasterprovider6.so (Reason: Cannot load
library /usr/lib/qgis/plugins/libgrassrasterprovider6.so:
(libgrass_vect.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory))

Thanks for any help!

Mark