[Qgis-user] Add circular string tool

Piotr Kania p.kania at op.pl
Mon Oct 26 21:56:53 PDT 2015

Hi!

Sorry if my question is "stupid" - I am learning all the time.

In postgis database I have two tables - let's say 'polygons' (gid,
the_geom,MultiPolygon,srid=2180) and 'lines' (gid,
the_geom,MultLineString,srid=2180). I'd like to use "Add circular string
tool" from qgis to create same arcs and save in those layers. From web
and from qgis error message (Geometry type (MultiSurface) does not match
column type (MultiPolygon); Geometry type (MultiCurve) does not match
column type (MultiLineString)
I know that I should have tables in postgis with geometry type
MultiSurface and MultiCurve.

Here is my question: how should I do that? Can I have that kind of
geometry type added respectively to my existing tables ie. MultiSurface
to 'polygons' and MultiCurve to 'lines'? If anyone can give working
solutions in sql code? Thanks