[Qgis-user] QTiles using

Andrew Harfoot ajph at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 29 03:13:47 PDT 2015

Hi Sebastian,

If your aim is to load the output of QTiles back into QGIS then I would
recommend that you set QTiles to generate a mbtiles file (choose to
output to file, and change the file type to mbtiles). These files will
load into QGIS.

If you need to create the individual tiles as files, then you can create
an XML file describing the tiles that you've generated, and open that in
QGIS. The XML structure is described here:
http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wmts.html. If you tick the 'Write .mapurl file'
option then this file contains much of the info needed for the XML.

Cheers,

Andy