[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.10.1 adding PostGIS Views

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Sep 4 06:49:52 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 08:31:39AM -0400, James Keener wrote:
> Sorry for the double email.  Also, I wonder how much we could extract
> from EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM view; (alternatively EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM
> view WHERE field1 = 1;) and if we could tease information out of that.

Information can be extracted from the result set with a LIMIT 0
select, and I believe this is what qgis already does.

You can see which tables are being addressed and whether those
tables have a primary key, but it ain't easy to determine if
those primary keys will appear uniquely in the output.

--strk;