[Qgis-user] Export to vector file failed. Error: creation of data source failed (OGR error:Failed to open 'Convex Map Alma.dxf' for writing.)

Joshua Friesen jet_friesen at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 14 09:39:28 PDT 2015

I am using QGIS 2.10.1- Pisa on a Mac. I’m a new user with little knowledge of the program. I added several vector layers from Google’s Mymaps (kmz. format) and then created a new vector layer on QGIS overtop. I then tried to export these layers (one at a time and also together) as a DXF autoCAD file, but there was an error with the export. When I right clicked on the layer and tried to ’save as’ a DXF file I received this message: "Export to vector file failed. Error: creation of data source failed (OGR error:Failed to open 'Convex Map Alma.dxf' for writing.)”

I have tried using other online converters to no avail. Some of the online converters say that there is no spatial data on the layers I try to upload as shapefiles. Can anyone give me any suggestions about what to do? Thanks very much for your help.