[Qgis-user] Open Layers Plugin - Question about Google Maps/Earth Policy

Michael.Dodd michael.dodd at open.ac.uk
Tue Sep 22 03:19:35 PDT 2015

I think the issue here is that google did not take the aerial imagery themselves they just buy it in/license it from 3rd parties and google do not have agreements with these 3rd parties to let it be used for all purposes so they can't say other people can use it in this way.  Presumably Microsoft have different sorts of agreements with the people who take the aerial imagery.