[Qgis-user] QGIS <--> iOS / Android Editing

Ragi Burhum ragi at amigocloud.com
Wed Sep 23 17:19:38 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

A co-worker and I wrote an OGR datasource that enables anyone to edit
features in iOS or Android devices that will show up in QGIS. That way you
can take your GIS data offline on your mobile device (points / lines /
polygons) and still edit it. You can then open the datasources in QGIS.

Here is a 30 second video that shows how the QGIS integration works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El2-tXZBfKM

and a 60 second video the shows the cloud platform:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj6OeTZgzM8

The code for the entire mobile application is open source and so is the OGR
connector. It can all be found in our GitHub account:
https://github.com/amigocloud

We are still working on getting everything in a state that can be
contributed back upstream, but if you want to try out the mobile
application or are interested in being notified when we have the QGIS
binaries ready, please feel free to go to our website and sign up for the
mailing list <https://www.amigocloud.com/>.

Any feedback is definitely welcomed!

Thanks,

- Ragi