[Qgis-user] Preserving joined fields in Processing outputs

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Apr 11 03:04:17 PDT 2016

Just my two cents:
+1 to leave it as it is
reasoning: I would always expect the current behaviour; a virtual field
is - well - virtual, I can redo it after processing (BTW it would be
good if it was savable in a qml file) and I can join to the result, too.
No need to carry unnecessary fields from joined layers along.
Plus, as stated in the discussion, GRASS/SAGA/ogr won't keep these
fields anyway, to implement it for QGIS algs only would result in
inconsistent outputs

Bernhard

--

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 13315 (20160411) __________