[Qgis-user] Import lines from cvs

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed Jan 6 19:05:34 PST 2016

Well,
Updating geometries from columns.... Try doing that with MapInfo!!!!
Cool tips!
:)
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
On Jan 6, 2016 20:58, "Nathan Woodrow [via OSGeo.org]	" <ml-node+s1560n5244032h53 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

	Or use excel to make a WKT column and import that.
Nathan
On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 11:48 am Nyall Dawson < [hidden email] > wrote: <blockquote style="border-left:2px solid #cccccc;padding:0 1em" style="margin:0 0 0 0.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On 7 January 2016 at 07:08, Joris Hintjens < [hidden email] > wrote:
> Hello,
> I’m lost.
> I have a list of movements. A table with (among others) a column “FROM”  and a column “TO” (both containing coordinates)
>
> How can I import this in QGIS so that I have a bunch of lines going from FROM to TO?

This is relatively straightforward in QGIS master:

- import your CSV file
- right click the CSV layer, and choose "Save as"
- change format to "ESRI Shapefile". Choose the correct CRS for your
coordinates.
- expand out the "Geometry" group and change "Geometry type" from
"Automatic" to "LineString"
- click OK, the new LineString shapefile (with all null geometries)
will be added to the project
- now, you need to create the geometries. This is done through the
field calculator.
- tick "update existing field"
- change the field to "<geometry>"
- enter the expression:
'make_line(make_point("x1","y1"),make_point("x2","y2"))' (but replace
x1, y1, ... with the correct columns names from your original CSV
file)
- click OK. Done!

Nyall

> thanks for your comments
>
> Joris

		http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Import-lines-from-cvs-tp5244005p5244032.html

		To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email ml-node+s1560n4125267h38@n6.nabble.com
		To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here .
		NAML