[Qgis-user] Qgis 2.13 on windows 7: ogr2ogr oracle to shape does not keep decimals.

Lopez Agostini, Diana diana.lopez at gencat.cat
Mon Jan 11 02:29:59 PST 2016

Hi,

We've got a vector layer in a spatial oracle repository.
We need to export it (both geometry and attributes) to a shape file.

We cannot use "save as shape" directly from qgis, because the oracle layer has a blob field that prevent this operation.
And we cannot drop the blob field because it is needed for other purposes.

So we're using OGR2OGR instead.
The oracle layer have several fields  tipus 'double':

[cid:image001.png at 01D14C63.67A05890]

After de conversion, the shape file keeps  the double format, but we've lost the decimal data.
For exemple:

Before conversion: AREA_HA = 3379.88378172
After conversion:    AREA_HA=  3379

We have repeated the conversion applying different "locale" configurations, in case the problem was originated by the decimal separation character used: "." or ",".
However, the results are equally bad.

Do you know any workaround for this issue ?

Thanks in advance,

 diana.lopez at gencat.cat<mailto:diana.lopez at gencat.cat>