[Qgis-user] troubles with QGis Atlas

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:35:36 PST 2016

On 12 January 2016 at 12:01, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2016 8:36 AM, "didier peeters" <dpeeter1 at ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Nyall.
>>
>> Oh, this could be the reason.  To clarify a little bit, my field is not
>> called « id » and my coverage layer is a Postgis table, the field I use has
>> a PK and the geometry layer is a Postgis view with numerical values that I
>> represent with proportional circles.
>> Does it mean that what I want to do is not possible ?  Or should I use
>> another data source ?
>
> It should be possible. Can you share a few rows from both tables?

(sharing the solution with the list)

After looking at your data, the ID field in your database is a string.
Feature IDs in QGIS are always numeric, so QGIS generates it's own
feature ID and can't reuse the database's primary key.

The solution is to update your expression. Instead of "id_field" =
@atlas_featureid'

Use

 "id_field"  = attribute( @atlas_feature,'id_field' )

Nyall